3 Tips for Restaurant Off-page SEO
May 23, 2017
Continuing with our topic of building strong SEO for your restaurant – today’s topic is about off-page SEO. Last time, we covered how to improve your on-page SEO which included ideas about content, HTML code and architecture of the site. With off-page SEO, it’s about getting all that fabulous content you created out in front of people! Here are our tips to building strong off-page SEO.
Google wants to see that your site is reputable. So how does a computer search system tell if my site is ‘trustworthy’ to users? Well, there are four factors that Google takes into account to trust.
- Authority –The overall authority of your site is determined by a mix of 2 kinds of authority you can build: Domain authority(how well known your domain name) and Page authority (how authoritative the content of a single page). You can check your authority here, based on a scale of 1 to 100.
- Bounce rate – our bounce rate is simply a measure of how many people view only one page on your site, before immediately leaving again. Content, loading times, usability and attracting the right readers are all part of decreasing your bounce rate.
- Domain age – With domains on the internet, age matters. If only just a little, the longer you have been around, the better.
- Brand identity – having a brand identity matters: images, content, titles, videos, URLs, everything has to speak your brand.
Quality is everything. The quality of your links matters much more than the amount of links you have. Building quality backlinks is all about reaching out to the right sources and offering value in exchange for a solid link. Remember we talked about great content?
Lastly, let’s take a look at the social factors of off-page SEO. Besides social signals directly from the searcher, there are other ways good results on social media will help you rank better. Whether that’s directly through more links, or indirectly through a PR boost, social matters. There are two main factors that influence social influence.
- Quality of shares – As with the quality of backlinks, who shares matters more than how often. Google recognizes influencers and when they share your content that share has more SEO juice than your neighbor’s. A great way to get influencers to share your content is to give them a heads up before you even publish, or still better, include them by quoting or interviewing them. Of course you should also tell plenty of online celebrities who are already interested in your topic.
- Number of shares – The secondary social metric is the number of shares. Landing a viral hit is every marketer’s dream, but it is overrated. Want to know how to go viral? Consistently publishing great content. Oh, and promoting your website/blog post like crazy!
We hope you enjoyed all of our tips for on- and off-page SEO! Now go out and conquer the internet!
Need to pass the time between our next post? Then check out Custom Business Solutions for all your restaurant technology needs!