Top 5 Podcasts To Make You A Better Restaurateur
May 20, 2016
In the restaurant world, we never had a lot of down time to keep abreast of all the different technology advances, leadership seminars, know-how lessons, business best practice articles, or the like. As the Restaurant Technology Guys, however, we’re here to help cut out some of the noise of all the podcasts that are out there to make you a lean, mean, restaurant-business machine.
We love podcasts because of how flexible they are. You can listen to them in just about any setting. Sitting in traffic? Switch on a podcast and turn your commute into a free classroom session. Walking the dog alone? Unless you’re one of those people that talk to their dog and think it’s talking back, you’re going to have some alone time. Pop some headphones in and turn your nightly walk into a progression session.
The problem with podcasts is this: there are so many podcasts in any number of outlets today that it’s nearly impossible to weed out the good ones from the bad ones. Here are some of our favorites (Of course, the Restaurant Technology Guys podcast is nearest and dearest to our heart):
- Restaurant Unstoppable with Eric Cacciatore. This podcast partners an extremely charismatic host with powerhouse gusts to help empower independent restaurant owners/operators with the tools, knowledge, and attitude to happily and successfully live out their purpose and passion.
- The Sporkful. This one is a great one to keep your finger on the pulse of your guests and potential new guests. It’s not entirely directly related to running your restaurant business, but it’s entertaining to listen to some of the personalities you will see walk through your front door.
- Social Media Marketing. Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner helps your business get through the ever-changing social maze with success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing professionals. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing.
- Beyond the to-do list. The point of this podcast is to make you a productivity master. Who wouldn’t want some more free time in their day?
- This is your life. Michael Hyatt is a well-known business leader. His podcast (that now has over 10 million download) helps direct you in making leadership decisions. Very powerful, actionable advice everyone could apply in some aspect of their business or life.
Do you have a podcast you like? Let us know in the comments!